Friday, June 27, 2008

Sexuality Test

Yesterday I was very frustrated with this Psychology test paper!!! It was on the topic Sex and Gender. I've studied that chapter without fault. I tried to understand more on the sociocultural and psychological meaning of sex more than the biological term. And guess what came out in the SEX PAPER??? BIOLOGICAL TERMS!!!! ARGHHH!!!

Usually the lecturer will give her paper not so difficult and in a way that we must use critical thinking to answer the questions in the test paper. I was so confident that the paper would be easy. Little did I know that this will be the hardest test ever. =(

It's unfair also. In this paper there was one question for male and one question for female. You would say that there's no biasness, well let me tell you that there is! In my psychology class, most of them are girls and I even have a female lecturer. There's only 3 guys in this class, yeah I say it again, 3 GUYS ONLY!!!! My point is about the biasness in this paper. The female question was about mensuration, they have to describe the process of it, how regular do they have it. Whereas for the male question was how to explain during the sex intercourse, how the sperm met up the female egg and what happens next. MUST EXPLAIN IN DETAILS!!!! IT'S SO UNFAIR!!! WHY GUYS HAVE TO EXPLAIN SUCH THING WHERE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN US??? It's so easy for girls to answer their question!!! I can visualize the sex intercourse and I can explain that as a result will get a baby but if you ask me to explain in every biological details of what happening when this process happens, HOW WILL I KNOW THAT???? I didn't even study that in my book, there's no such thing as well. My subject is Introduction to Psychology 2, not Human Sexuality!!!

The lecturer always encourages us to develop a critical thinking in this course. Well how do you want me to develop a critical thinking when it comes to the explanation of SEX in a BIOLOGICAL TERM???? I think this test is so unfair!!! I have to talk and complain about this biasness to my lecturer!!! THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!!

4 comments:

~YM~ said...

hoho..easy questions for me..n_n answer any also can.. but if we look from the aspect of biasness, i think aspect of male masturbation would be a hot topic!!! :P

Kritz said...

How old are you? Sitting for what paper?
Isn't something like the sperm swims to the fallopian tube and fuse and become zygote or something something?

Cyren Asteraceya said...

Ola Nuffnanger

Maybe the paper was meant to test you like that. Maybe your lecturer just wanted to see the way you lay out your answers.

Our psychology lecturer use to do wierd stuff like that too. He'd give us completely unrelated questions and study our answers and reactions. After a bit I just got smart and wrote stuff.

Truth be told I didn't do so badly for this subject either (^.^)

Or maybe you could just address your lecturer personally. That'd work

Cherish Leow said...

Hi Robin, i know who you are... ha ha
the cute and funny guy from Mauritius right? =P aww don't blush. haha

you are a nuffnager too! ^^

"If you could peer far enough into the night sky, you'd see a star in any direction you looked. When would you sleep?"

i would love to have a chance to look at the sky full of stars for a whole night without sleeping! xD