Friday, June 20, 2008

False Accusation on my nationality!

Yesterday I was accused to be a Malaysian who pretend to be a Mauritian!!! Can you believe that??? It's is so lame! Recently there's this election thing happening in my college, UCSI. There were 2 teams competing and when the unofficial results came out, of course 1 is the winner and the other one the loser. But the losing team made an appeal saying that the election was unfair and made an accusation against the judiciary of the student council.

So being the former president of the international student of student council, I was called to be formed a panel and investigate what went wrong in this election. I had to find out what was fair and what was unfair. So together with Elvin, former President of Student Council, and Mr Raj, the HOD of Engineering department, we were formed to be part of this panel. Therefore we had to interview each individual from team A and judiciary to team B. The interview was in 2 sessions. Morning session for Team A and judiciary and the afternoon session for Team B. As expected, for the morning session it was a cool interview, but in the afternoon it was quite tensed!!!

Bring part of this panel, I acted totally as a neutral person. Although most of the people involved in the election were my friends. At that particular time, I didn't consider them as my friend. If I was appointed for a responsibility, I stand upon this responsibility without any prejudice. While I was interviewing my friends, they were quite scared because of the tone I used to ask them questions. Anyway the same interview was done to team B and this was the time that I got offended. I was accused to be a Malaysian who pretend to be a Mauritian!!! What the heck is that? Where did that fellow get that from??? If Mr Raj didn't stop me, I would have smacked him already! Thanks God for Mr Raj to stop me!

Well our part has been done now. No prejudice was in. I treated as everyone equal and my view should be neural. After discussing among ourselves, we already made our point who should be the winner of this Student Council Election 2008. So now let the verdict be done! Hopefully the results will be announced by Monday itself!

No comments: