Monday, June 30, 2008

A day of a new beginning!

Yesterday I went to church like any other weekends. This time it was not a usual weekend. My life started to transform and it's a day of a new beginning. I've never experienced such thing before. It was so powerful and indescribable literally. Sunday is not a usual day for me to go to church. I usually go on Saturdays but this Sunday I went because I really couldn't make it and I missed my cell members at that time. But I think God has a reason for me to go on a Sunday.

Throughout the beginning of the service, I keep thinking of my hometown, my church and my youth ministry there, which I don't know why at this particular time only I think of such things. When I was in the van on the way to church, I didn't have a single thought about it. It all started the service started.

Pastor Kevin was preaching on Unleashing Your Potential. It was indeed a very good peaching. While I was listening to it, it seems that every word that is being said, it is directly related to me. I felt like God was talking to me directly! Even during the preaching, I don't know why I'm having this thought about my church back home and about the youths there. Every time when Pastor was stating out his point, a new revelation started to come to me! Suddenly the dream that I had before I come to Malaysia started to rise up! This is dream is, deep inside of me, I just want to go back to Mauritius after my studies and bless my land. God revealed me that I should do Psychology in Malaysia. I didn't know why but I just obeyed as I know God has a plan for me.

Back to the preaching. The greatest tragedy in life is not failure but failing to see the potential on the inside of us - that one dare not even try! This is how the preaching started and while listening this reveal me something. In the past I used to be a failure, a failure in my studies. I was really weak in my studies in my secondary school. I would fail and repeat the class again. The greatest failure for me was my A Levels. A lot of people don't know about it, but now you know it. I was really depressed of this failure. I had a choice, either to repeat or find a work, but to find a work it's very difficult if I don't have a minimum of A Levels. My parents were putting the pressure of me. So I went to think, and I felt like fasting and praying for 1 week. After 1 week of fasting, God started to reveal to me that I should go to Malaysia. Then here I am in Malaysia, God has given me another chance to prove myself worth. I was trying to go through shortcuts of doing a degree directly but it was impossible for me, no matter how I try to get out of it. God wanted to build my character, especially in my studies. So I did the foundation in UCSI and I don't regret it.

Since I started my degree after my foundation, I joined choir ministry and I started to get lots of responsibilities in cell group. I'm kind of being promoted in my cell group. From arranging the transportation for my cell members, I do more than this now. I prepare the bulletin for our cell group every week and I do games and warmth time. For me it's a very challenging thing for me because I've never done the cell group bulletin before. It was Edi who was doing it and the job was passed to me. I had to use my creativity and originality to make this bulletin better than Edi's. So I started to do something new. Now each of the bulletin that I design is different from week to week and it's getting better and better.

So Pastor was also sharing that our Potential is realized within God's appointed leaders. Hendra is my cell leader and Kristy is my subzone leader. I learned a lot of things from them. They taught me and I obeyed them. If I want to prosper and have the anointing of God to keep increasing in my life, I have to position myself in the presence of God's anointed leaders and serve the man and woman of God with a pure heart! Until now I don't regret that I joined City Harvest Church and I have great leaders above me to serve them.

When the service is almost ending, God started to awake this dream that I have deep inside of me again. I started to feel different. Pastor then made an altar call to all those people who wanted to position themselves to unleash their potential. I wanted God to use my potential, all that I can do, I just wanted to do more than what I'm doing now. At the same time this big dream of my heart is bursting up! So I went forward for the altar call. Ok what I'm going to tell you is very freaky! So prepare your heart and get ready. Once I stepped forward I was paralyzed but at the same time I was trembling!!! Don't ask me how, I don't know how to explain that to you! I felt the Holy Spirit touch me from head to toe. It's like a mixture of hot and cold plus being electrocuted. Maybe that explained why I was paralyzed!!! Then pastor was praying for everyone when suddenly he stopped at me and gave me a word of prophesy. He said that since the beginning of the service that he felt that God is gonna use my potential and just to let Him to take control. From that time I couldn't hold myself and started to cry.

From that time the dream that I had came to me so true when Pastor prophesied on me. If since the beginning of the service he felt that, it means that God gonna use me back in Mauritius. But now it's only the beginning. Now I have new strength and I feel my potential unleashed and it's time to get ready to face new challenges ahead of me! This is just the beginning of the revival in me! :)

No comments: