Wednesday, June 25, 2008

EMERGE FEVER IS HERE!!!

YAY!!! This is my 2nd post for the day!

Well as you have noticed recently I've been very busy. Today I feel relieved that finally I'm ALMOST over. Yeah tomorrow I still have one more test and then I have to discuss about my group assignment about Writing a Review for a Play and I still need to prepare for my cell group which is tomorrow as well.

Today miraculously I could finally woke up early for my Study Skills class. Well actually I had test this morning at 8AM. Do you think that it's because I have test and that's what makes me motivated to wake up early? Yeah maybe that's the case. Anyway, by the time I'm blogging, I'm getting ready my voice. "FOR WHAT?," as you may say. Well tonight there's an audition for the Emerge Talentime Competition and I'm going to sing. I'm still figuring out what song to sing. So many choices!!! Maybe I'll sing "Angels brought me here" by Guy Sebastian where I'm more confident in this song.


Emerge KL 08. For more info, click on my sidebar

If you don't know what is EMERGE is all about, well just to tell you briefly what is it. EMERGE is a youth conference where it's organized by City Harvest Church where it gathers more than 2000 youths in KL. It's not an ordinary conference. There are also competition along with it. Last year we had a lot of competition such as Parade of School(POS), Sports Mania (all sort of sports), Creative Arts and Entertainment (such as Fashion Show, Talentime, Manhunt & Beauty Pageant, Transformers Competition and Acrylic Painting), Design & Media (such as Photography Competition, Multimedia - Trailer, and Shoe Design), Education and Christian Growth (Spelling Bee, Word Power, How smart are you? - IQ test, Preaching Challenge, and Personal Testimony) and lastly there's Games Arena (all the online games such as DOTA and CS, Lightning Chess and Nitendo Wii!!!).

To participate to these competition, you must know your team first. We are categorized into 4 teams!!! We have the SMU Cluster (Sunway-Monash Uni), MINT Cluster (Metropolitan, Inti, Nilai, Taylors), LU (Local U) and VU (Various Universities). Who do you think gonna win this time? Last year I was in VU and VU won!!! Wohoo!!!



Now I'm in LU(Local U)!!! Woohoo!!! This time we gonna win. Maybe in Manhunt again! Muahaha!!! Oh yeah I know that you have no idea what is the POS all about. Well it's just simply Cheerleading. For eg as the videos below.







We also had Strikeforce Singapore to come last year. It's a kind of STOMP!





During EMERGE, we don't have only competition. We have special guests from overseas and speakers as well. Special appearances was Jay Chou's best friend - Lui Geng Hong!!! Yeah he came together with his apprentice Wing! There was also Rebecca Tan, a very good violinist!


[Lui Geng Hong]


[Wing]


[Rebecca Tan]

Well this is not a conference like any other, it's life changing and by being involved in those competition, we develop and show our talent. You don't have to be a Christian to come to this conference. Just come and enjoy the show only! :) I will update more info when is the conference be held and when will it be! :)

3 comments:

Cyren Asteraceya said...

Ola Nuffnanger!

Sounds awesome! Though I'm surprised they didn't "advertise" it or anything in uni.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I go to Monash btw.

Anonymous said...

hey hey !

the last 3 pics looks *ahem* familiar..

where did u get it from ?
=P


@kricia

Robin Chan said...

Hi Kricia!

Let me guess, you're the one who took those pictures during Emerge last year right? :P

Well I got it from a friend who help me to find it. My friend's name is Google. :P haha!!! I just typed emerge kl 07 then i got it! :)

God bless,
Robin