Sunday, June 8, 2008

A blessed week!

This week was indeed a blessed week. Actually it all started from Monday onwards that I can see the blessing of God pouring out on me. Last Saturday, Felix Hew was sharing the Offering Challenge and indeed I felt challenged. He shared that there was this guy who wanted to make a difference in changing lives of people but he said that he had no talent. So his lecturer told him what he can do best. He said that he can do press ups! He then asked the fellow young man, "How many press ups can you do?" He replied, "30 sir!" The lecturer then asked him to do 100 press ups. He said that he never tried but he will do it. At first it was hard to go one shot of 100 press ups but with time you don't feel the pain anymore. Well it's same like giving an offering. The more you give the same amount, you won't feel the pain of giving again but instead you would want to experience more and give more. After hearing this story, I decided to give a sacrificial amount that I've never given before. The following week, I was really blessed, not in terms of money but in terms of relationships with friends. Here as follows:

Monday - went to Chilli's for the first time (although expensive but i enjoyed myself)
Tuesday - Pst Robb Thompson Conference - Indeed I need to listen to his sermon again, he's WOW!!
Wednesday - Went to Dinner at Monte Restaurant in Bangsar with Pst Robb Thompson - although expensive, it's not a money matter but it's about being different to strive for more of excellency.
Thursday - Made some new friends
Friday - I went to watch a play with friends and I enjoyed it.
Saturday - I finally went on stage for Choir!!! Wohoo!!! I then blessed my cell members with dinner.
Sunday - I was blessed to have Caleb and Silvia for lunch.

Well to conclude, it's not about having a lot of money or to be rich or not, but it's all about the heart of giving that determine the person you are. To tell you the truth, I'm not rich but my God is rich! (that's what I told Ivy last time). I thank God because He improved my relationship with my friends and I'm really blessed to serve Him in choir ministry. Yeah Choir Ministry is just a fun ministry. I enjoyed myself and every week I learn a lot of things from them. :)

No comments: