Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mauritius - 40 Years of Independence





Mauritius
Our Country - Be proud of it!


Today is indeed a great day to remember! It is Mauritius' 40th of Independence Day. My country, my island, my nation. Yes indeed I'm a very patriotic person. At first I was not really patriotic but it's when I went overseas for studies, that's the time I become more concern about my own country.


For all of you who has never heard of Mauritius before. Well people check it out on Google. Please check out the pictures as well. You'll be overwhelmed by all these beautiful insight.


My last post was talking about my big dream. I don't tend to be Prime Minister of my country, although Mauritian will say that it sounds impossible for a Chinese to be PM in Mauritius. But it doesn't matter, if God calls me to be PM, then who can stop Him? Anyway my dream is not to be prime minister YET! Maybe it's coming soon.


I've been to church yesterday for our last day of conference with Pst Pat Mesiti. It was indeed a very good one. I was really blessed by what he shared to us all. He shared about 4 different kinds of T to live a prosperous life.

1. Talent
2. Time
3. Touch
4. Treasure

Today I've run through the MYC magazine and most of the articles inside was about from someone who can be an ordinary person to become an extraordinary one. Wow!!! Well last week it was the International Women Week (IWW) and I was truly encouraged by how women nowadays are rising up to have an equal right as man. I have this quote of mine that I said it during IWW, "We men, support women!" :) So in the MYC, there were a lot of women who started their job before they became famous. Well there were not only talking about women but men as well. It's so amazing to see that a lot of people who was just ordinary people and then turn out to be extraordinary people by being celebrities of nowadays. I'm pretty encouraged by this because they achieve their dreams from being an ordinary person to an extraordinary one.

Well today can be our independence day, but I would like to encourage you to pursue the dream of your heart. That's where you can make your country proud of you and that you should be proud to live in such a country. :)

NB: From now onwards I will put labels for each post :)

No comments: