Saturday, September 13, 2008

Good news and Bad news

Hey hey hey!!! I have a lot of things to share for today. Well a lot of things happening to me, good and bad. Let's hear the bad news first...

Emerge, as I said in my last post, was great! Before Emerge, I had to go through a lot of problems with the renewal of my visa. If I don't renew my visa, I might be deported from Malaysia. If you don't understand the word deported, it's like being kick out of the country in a literal way. I'm not sure how they will do that. Maybe pay me a ticket to go back, or just throw me into the oceans; which is very scary. Anyway none of these has happened. I had to renew my visa and there were a lot of procedures to be done. I had to go to the Records Office and count my attendance of the past 1 year in UCSI. So I had to look through all the piles of files of attendance sheets from 2007 till now. To tell you the truth, it's such a waste of time. Like Malaysians will say, "Haya very mafan lor!!!" (which means it's very troublesome). Yes!!! Very mafan!!! Not only that, I had to the finance office there so that I can chop from them and come back to the Records Office. The problem is that I haven't paid the school fees yet for the next semester(which is this semester), so they won't give me the chop. I told them I can't get an amount any sooner and I really need to renew my visa. Guess what was their answer??? You try to guess. This was the worst answer that I could ever get from someone that I really feel like punching. The answer was "Sorry you have to pay the school fees, I can't help you in that, it's not my problem!" WHAT??? NOT YOUR PROBLEM??? So all you think is just money and money and money??? I tell you, I wanted to slap that lady but I didn't because I don't usually slap ladies ok? I'm a gentleman!!! hehehe... Anyway in the end I went to Immigration department and explained to the malay lady there and guess what was her answer. It was also not her problem according to what she said. Well I'm quite disappointed with the attitude of some Malaysians. They don't really know how to speak to people, especially foreigners.

After few days, I could finally resolved this problem. I had to talk to the Senior Director of Student Affairs to help me to solve this problem without having to pay for any late fee fine for the renewal of the visa. He talked to the Senior Director of the Immigration to grant me a plead for not paying the fine and giving me time to pay for the school fees. Well it will only be granted if I would write a letter of appeal. Indeed I wrote the letter and all the problem was solved. I tell you, I really praise God because I don't have to pay any fine for the late renewal! :)

Ok another bad news is that I was sick for one whole week, which is quite sad to hear. I had all sort of sickness such as Flu, Fever, Coughing, Dizzyness, then I felt very weak throughout this week. Well I was struck by all these kind of sickness since Sunday. That's why I couldn't make it to church on that day. I tell you, if you were struck by all these sicknesses in one day, you would definitely stay in bed for one whole day, which happened to me. From morning till night, until the next day, I was in bed. I almost didn't eat because I didn't feel like eating. Just imagine how weak I was. So you pity me or not? haha!! Well you shouldn't because now I'm fully recovered already! hehe... Praise God! I just got fully recovered today! :)

Oh... oh... why am I ending the story? Actually the worst thing that happened during my illness was that I was sick one day and then other day I'm recovered and the other day I became sick again, which I don't know why it came back. So I had to see the doctor. Usually I don't like to see doctors, well who likes it anyway? During the consultation, I told the doctor that I felt very weak, which I don't know why. So he said that it might be Dengue Fever, which Ray, who brought me there, was afraid of it. So I did a blood test, just in case. As a result, no Dengue fever, Praise God! :) The latter came me antibiotics and told me not to drink tap water, etc... So from that time onwards, I buy my own water to drink to fight against any dengue that comes my way!!! AWAY ALL DENGUE!!!

Last but not least, this is a very super duper good news to announce to all of you!!! I GOT PROMOTED!!! Wohoo!!! I'm so happy!!! Today I went for choir practice and this was so unexpected. My choir leader told me that I was promoted to be the Sub-Team Choir Leader. Wow!!! Since our choir is very big now, we had to divide into sub teams, where I am the leader. Wow wow wow!!!! I still can't believe it. It means that I have few peoples under me. I can't believe it because I've joined choir ministry not so long ago I must say. I just joined since May of this year and now it's September already!!! 5months only then I get a promotion!!! How could it be??? I'm overjoyed now I must say. I may sound a bit crazy but that's the way I'm feeling now. But I must really praise God for that, to give me this opportunity to be a Sub-Team leader. This encourages me also because I will have small disciples under me to take care and it stirs me to set the right example to them in everything I do. It tells me that I have a big responsibility now! It may sound insane to you but it's really a privilege for me to serve in the choir ministry in City Harvest Church. Indeed a blessing!!! :)

No comments: