Wednesday, September 24, 2008

2nd voice - Part 2

In my previous post I was saying that 2nd voice can be sung by everybody. Well the fact is that it's the truth. I've finally reached a level where I can sing 2nd voice in some songs, especially the song Freedom! Well it was become a trend in our church now, that everybody has been singing this song in their head over and over again since last service.

Anyway why did I say that it can be sung by everybody because people felt discouraged when they know that they can't sing 2nd voice. Well to tell you the truth, I was among those people. Back home in my church, I was in the worship team and a lot of them can sing 2nd voice. When I tried to sing 2nd voice, I was being rebuke because I was not singing it in the right tune. People never taught me but they taught others. I felt very discouraged at that time. It's like nobody ever care for me. Maybe somehow I was being too superior in my things, that's why I felt kind of rejected in some ways. Well you might not understand what I'm talking about right now but just imagine this scenario. You try to do something that people is doing, but you get scolded for doing it wrong and they never correct you by showing you how to do it properly. How do you get to know how to do something in a right manner if nobody corrects and show you the proper way of doing it? How would you feel that you got rebuke for doing wrong but never ever helps out? Some sort of rejection right? Well that's what I felt in the beginning. But now I don't bother about it anymore. Like Pastor Kevin said, "God can forgive and forget but humans can forgive but cannot forget!" Not in a way to revenge but it's in my memories that I can't forget it.

I'm not boasting now that I know how to sing 2nd voice. I'm just sharing how I felt before and now I'm feeling now. Now I finally can sing 2nd voice, it's quite easy. I had to go through a lot of training but I finally got it. I learned a lot through the choir practice and this enlarged my capacity. I've finally learned some singing techniques as well. As you have heard this: "Practice makes perfect". Since Saturday I've been practising and practising again and again, until I can sing the 2nd voice of some songs, which is a new beginning for me. :)

Everybody can sing 2nd voice!!! :D We don't need to have some special kind of talent to be able to sing 2nd voice. Maybe to some people they can, but not everyone is skillful in music right? God has given each and everyone a special talent. So don't let it die, use it!!! If we're not skillful in one particular area, it doesn't matter. We don't have to be discouraged, but press on. As I used this expression in my presentation last week, "Fake it until you make it!" You have to fake your emotions and your capacity that you can do it and indeed your effort will be fruitful. It's just like my 2nd voice singing.

Well to conclude this post, I don't have the skill to teach 2nd voice yet, but it will come soon! So in the meanwhile, just do your best as your side as well. Do your best until you excel. There's nothing to be ashamed of when you become the best. You don't have to be so humble. hehehe...

No comments: