Saturday, December 12, 2009

Language that hinders me from sales

Phew!!! I just came out from work! It's a tiring day today. I just realized that today is Saturday and there were a lot of customers and mostly just came for the iPhone case because most people got their iPhone today! WOW!!! It's iPhone harvest time!!! Since morning till night, I must say that 95% of the people just came to look for the iPhone case. Even someone, *ahem*, got his iPhone today and he nagged me to pay for him as he didn't have enough money! Sigh!!! Anyway my dear iPhone, no matter where you are, you'll be mine soon!!! muahahahaha!!!

Today I've encountered 2 Korean ladies and they couldn't speak English properly. They were trying to ask me some questions but they couldn't say out what they were inquiring for. At night, I also met a Korean family, which could speak English well. Somehow, I think that I should learn some Korean language to be able to make a sale well. The most common factor that hinders me in doing my sales properly is LANGUAGE!!! Yes, language! So far I have this problem in communicating in:

1. Cantonese
2. Bahasa Malayu
3. Mandarin

Most Chinese will speak Cantonese to me and I will ALWAYS reply them in English. Although I can't understand a thing of what they are talking about but when they mention about the name of the ipod or of the mac, I will say the price in English!!! haha!!! I will try to guess what they mean by that. Same goes to people who speak Malay to me. So yeah, today I faced Koreans! How to speak??? I should start going for some classes to learn those 3 languages by now else I can't go any further in my sales. At least my French helped me a lot to help those customers from France! :)

Anyway... time to learn new languages!!! Anyone wants to teach me? :)

2 comments:

Manju said...

just stumbled across your blog :)
hmm i'm having weekly mandarin just as a hobby, and you know mandarin is actually much harder than korean. i used to hang out with a bunch of korean ppl in uni and i picked up a bit of the language really easy. try watching some of those korean dramas and movies. ^_^

snow_PTL_4everything said...

me!! i teach you mandarin! hehe!^^