Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life is a beautiful thing

This morning I was feeling a bit lazy to do my devotion. Instead of reading the Bible, I switched on the Podcast to listen to Joel Osteen's sermon #440 You Are Blessed and Cannot Be Cursed and #438 Programming Your Mind for Victory. If you want to listen to it, subscribe to Joel Osteen Audio Podcast. Oh... you will need to download iTunes so that you can listen to his Podcast. The good thing I like about Podcast and iTunes, it's that they are FREE!!! So don't waste your time, go and listen now!!!


Today I woke up today feeling a bit lazy and just wanted to sleep the whole day. But I woke up with the alarm ringing and ringing. It was time for the morning prayer meeting. I started out morning prayer meeting with Caleb for more than a month now and I can tell you that it may be tiring in the morning, but never regret to pray together. Like what my pastor says, "A church that prays together, stays together." Well ever since we pray together, it was only the 2 of us who started out, it was good and started to get better. Our bond grew stronger. Later on, Joshua joined us and then there were Silvia and Wen Sen also. The more we prayed together, the more our bond was getting stronger and we started to hang out with each other. We went for breakfast, eating cheese naan, going for movies, going for bowling and even going for concerts. Oh last week I went for 2 concerts - Jaeson Ma's Rally Concert and a Malaysian Top Artistes Christmas Concert.



Anyway praying is very important in my life because it keeps me moving. It keeps me on track. I know that sometimes I do slack but by praying I always have the strength and I always feel that there's a greater being inside of me. I'm touched by the sermon by Joel Osteen today. It's refreshing. In one of the sermons I've listened, he said, "Don't let your heredity stop your destiny! You are a person of destiny, you are talented, you are created. God planted seeds in you; Seeds of blessing. The blessing God put on YOU will ALWAYS overwrite the curse. The blessing on YOUR LIFE will get you where you're supposed to be." My mom has always told me in the past, not to be like my relatives on my dad's side. Sometimes we would say that I'm just like my relatives from my dad's side. It's kinda hard to think at it. I had a past where I was just living my life with the flow. At times I acted tough. But acting tough didn't mean that I was tough. So this word blessed me, saying that I'm special, I'm a person of destiny, I'm talented, creative and a blessing. I feel that prayer unlocks the door to a blessed and meaningful life. 


As I listened to the other sermon, it also empowered me. Joel Osteen says that we shouldn't let ourselves think that if we want to be free from an addiction, we have to tell ourselves that we are already free and not saying that one day we'll be free from it. The difference is that we are God's creation. We were created in His image and in His likeness. God has already blessed us. He has already gave us favor over our lives. All we need to do, it's to grab it. Being in the likeness of God, it's to think like Him. Think that we ARE free in Christ. Think that we ARE a successful person. Think that we ARE healthy. Think that we ARE prosperous. You might say it is stupid to think such a way when we are not. Well let me tell you, this is called walking in FAITH. Faith without action is dead. Faith works together with action! When we act upon it, that's where what we proclaim we are, gonna come to pass! 



Well it's time to live a beautiful day and it's time to speak of blessing!!! =)

No comments: