Monday, March 9, 2009

I want something new in my blog!!!

Alright! I'm back to blogging again... but I'm not sure for how long... coz I'm planning to shift blog coz I really need to change my blog's layout... I think that it's too dull. I'm the type of person who can't always look at the same plain color all the time. I like something new and creative. Something fresh that will come out and when people look at it, they will say WOW!!! Well the feeling of making something new it's since I started to do my cell group bulletin. Ok if you don't know what is a bulletin, it's basically a sheet of paper where all the info about what is happening in our church and our cell group. We also have the songs and the sermon outline where u just fill in the blanks.

I've been designing my cell group bulletin for a year now and I've changed a lot in my skill of doing those. I always thought that I'm not a creative person because I'm not very good in arts as in drawing. I grew up with people knowing arts in terms of drawing and painting but I was a zero in that. The thing that made think that I was just a dummy guy, made me be a dummy guy! Pat Mesiti said this, "If you want to change things in your life, you got to change the way you think! Change your mindset!" From that day onwards, my life has changed. I became a person who strive for a better things. More of creativity in my life, thinking out of the box all the time and make people happy all around me. That's what creativity is all about. Since I've joined City Harvest Church, my life has changed tremediously! I was very naive to think that I can't be creative. But creativity is not only about drawing. It can be anything, as far as you change the way you used to think and think out of the box and make things happen. To be creative comes from the word create. So it's to create something new! Pastor Kong challenged us during the last Emerge 08, to be creative because God is a creative God. How to know that? Look in the first book of the Bible and the first verse itself, it says, "In the beginning, God CREATED the heavens and the earth!" In the very beginning of our existence, God created, that proves that He is a creative God and so we should do so as well. That word really striked me and from that time, my life was never the same again. I always strive to be more creative and skillful.

I AM BORN TO BE A CREATIVE PERSON! :)

1 comment:

kevrlee said...

I <3 Creativity
I <3 Creative People