Sunday, August 17, 2008

First thought on a Sunday morning

This is just insane for someone like me. First thing on a Sunday morning, what would be your first thought?

- What time is it?
- Am I late for something?
- Never mind, just sleep again...
- ???

Well I don't know for you but this is what happened to me on a delightful Sunday morning. I have thought of food!!! Can you believe it??? My first thought was food but not any type of food!!! I was craving for PORK!!!

P-O-R-K = PORK!!!

To tell you the truth, I haven't eaten pork for a very long time. I think it's more than one month or two. Well I think that I've eaten pork chop but personally it's not a real pork! What do I mean by that? Pork chop is being hammered by the cook and just fry it or just the pork chop that they buy the one that is factory made and just fry it! No no no!!! I hate that!!! Especially the factory made! It's called a fake pork chop! Anyway I don't really like to eat pork chop! Why? Because the real pork itself, the meat is tender and when you put it in your mouth, you can feel the fat, the meat and it's so.... Hmmm... Delicioussss!!! :D Do you get what I mean? Well only Pork lovers will understand what I'm talking about here!

I've read somewhere "No Pork, No Life!" Well somehow I've realized that it's kind of true. At first I was thinking, "huh! The person who wrote that has no life, just desperate for pork!" But now!!! Hehe... Actually I get what the person means by writing this. Pork really brings a kind of meaning in a life of a Chinese. Chinese are fond of Pork and they will eat it with everything. Pork brings taste in the life of Chinese community. That's the way to say it. I think that Chinese is the first race on earth to ever eat pork, because you can see all sorts of dishes with pork made by Chinese. Don't you think so?

I think that last time that I've eaten a real pork dish was back in Mauritius. It's called Moy Choy Niouk. In my family, I'm the only one who is the most fond of it and my mum knows it very well. (Mum, I hope you're reading this!!!) I tried to find on internet and in Mandarin it's called "Mui Choy Kau Yoke." It's one of the famous Hakka food in Mauritius. If you have no idea how does it look like, here it is:


Delcious!!!


A closer look at the delicious and juicy pork!!! Yummy!!!

It's very nice to see and sense it but unfortunately there's no smell that comes out from the pictures and I can't take it to put it in my mouth and to chew the tender and juicy meat and feel it!!! :'( It really make me feel like missing home now.

Anyway the thing about Malaysia is that there's not a lot of pork around in my area. If I buy pork in Giant, I must go to the Non Halal section. Well in Mauritius, we don't have such thing and in this Non-Halal Section, there's not so much choices of pork. But the thing about Malaysia is there's a type of food which is very famous for its pork! People say that it's originated from Klang! Yeah for some of you who have guessed it already, it's not other than the...

BAK KUT TEH!!!







Well it's not that bad to live in Malaysia after all. But I just to find the right people and the right place to eat all those delicious herbal pork soup! So what are you waiting for? Can you get it? I'm waiting for you to bring me and buy me a Bak Kut Teh??? You think that I just post this just to make you feel good about it? I'm not promoting or whatever, I want to eat PORK!!!

P-O-R-K = PORK!!!

1 comment:

Rycerain said...

LOL. if i'm not mistaken, u can get the 1st one in canned form, from Giant, i guess that's the closet to ur hse XD