Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chinese New Year 2008

Chinese New Year(CNY) this year has been a great celebration! Well at first it seems to be nothing special but then it was quite fun. GONG XI FA CAI! GONG HEI FATT CHOY!!!

On the eve of CNY, RongRong invited us, Kim Fah and I, to her house for lunch (and dinner which we were not planning). We all ate very good Chinese food and it was so good that it made us prosperous (in size). I enjoyed eating all these delicious food for CNY and it reminds me all the good food that my mum used to cook for me when I was home. The next thing that we did, is we all went to KLCC and visit and take pictures of the Petronas Twin Towers and of the wonderful fountain.

On the first day of CNY, RongRong had to go back to her hometown, which made us, Kim Fah and I, very bored. Well it was not that bored after all. We decided to go and watch movie in Midvalley. To our amazement, there was a lot of people there. I thought that on such a public holiday where KL is the most quietest place ever, it was crowded indeed. I can't imagine that there were such crowd queuing up for the movie tickets. When we saw the long queue, we didn't want to go and watch movie but in the end, after having our lunch at KFC, which was very crowded also, we went to queue up. Well after the stomach full, we were able to queue up for 30mins to get our tickets. Oh yeah, we watched "MEET THE SPARTANS". It's a very funny movie but I don't understand why the movie is rated as 18PL!!! -_-''' Anyway, we both went to Midvalley for the whole day because we both were very free. It was quite fun because we went to eat the Tokoyaki before we came back home.



On the second day of CNY, we both stayed home and we decided to cook Bak Kut Teh(BKT) at home. It was my first time to eat the homemade BKT. Since RongRong came back from her hometown the night before, we had to add more meat in our BKT. Normally as some of you know, in BKT there's pork. No pork no life! Well that day there was not enough pork, so we put chicken inside as well. At the end of the day it was a success, the soup and the whole BKT was really delicious. Edison, my housemate, also came back from his hometown, came and join us for the dinner. By the way, we cooked the BKT for almost 3hrs, that's why it tasted so good!!!


Homemade Bak Kut Teh

Today third day of CNY, Kim Fah and I decided that we do our assignment together but in the end, Nally called us and said that she's having an open house for CNY and asked if we wanted to come and she didn't mind to come and fetch us. Wow!!! This girl is so good I can tell you. I thought that this year's CNY would be quite boring but then she invited us for lunch and dinner. I was so happy that I could go to her house for CNY to eat all the delicious food. It was all delicious and what's a CNY without ang pau? We both received lots of ang pau and we were both so happy. I was not expecting to get any this year but praise God I've received 10 ang paus today! After all the ang pau, we finally had our tradition Yu Sang for our CNY. As always Yu Sang is Malaysian Style CNY. Normally in Mauritius we don't have such thing but it'll be great if we had it. Not only that, all the houses in her area is very beautiful including hers. I like the designs of it and the decorations they made for CNY.



Beautiful houses in Nally's area




Lao Yu Sang (Mixing Steps) from unmixed to mixed


Robin is enjoying the delicious Yu Sang


Nally, Robin and Kim Fah enjoying our Yu Sang

After seeing all the beautiful houses in the area, we were on our way back to Nally's house and guess what did we find out at the neighbour's house? Well we found out a very strange animal. Actually it's a dog but it looks like a lion!!! Roarrr!!!!! This dog is called a Chow-Chow. We saw 2 Chow-chows. It was so cute!!!



Chow-Chow (The Lion dog)

Well that's all I have to say for this 4 days that I've spent for CNY. It's the finished yet. CNY is officially 15 days considered by Chinese people. :p hehe... So I might still get ang pau!!! I'm hoping to get others by tmr! Hahaha!!! My target is still 3 figures this year! haha!!!

No comments: