Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cajón

cajón (Spanish pronunciation: [kaˈxon], "crate," "drawer," or "box") is a box-shaped percussion instrument originally from Peru, played by slapping the front face (generally thin plywood) with the hands. - Wikipedia


The first time I've seen this instrument, it sounded exactly like drums and it seems to be acoustic, just like the acoustic guitar and you can carry it all around. I've always desire to have a drum set that can be all in one and can be carried. Well here it is, the cajon is the instrument that I've always dreamed of. 


It was when watching the C3 acoustic version of Nothing but Jesus that I was really amazed by the sound of it. I always thought it was drums. I tried to find it online but I couldn't. 





Then I watched Boyce Avenue cover version of Rolling in the deep and I saw the same exact drum instrument again. So I was thinking, I better find it now! So I went to google it and I found it. It's called the Cajón.







I have also started to youtube it and there's tutorials and performance of it. Just to have a simple demo of it. Here is one:


No comments: