Friday, April 18, 2008

There's no such thing as a free lunch

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

This is very popular expression heard by many especially from adults. Do you all know what does this mean? It means whatever I give you, you shall give me back in return. I heard of this expression again yesterday during a conference in my church over here. Well actually for me it's partly true. Somehow I don't expect anything else when I treat somebody lunch or dinner apart from saying the magic word, "Thank You!"

Today I went to Caudan Waterfront to meet Kayne and Irene. I didn't know that I'll meet a bunch of our friends there too but it was great seeing them all. Soon we met Elsie, Irene's sister, there as she would join us for lunch. In the end there were only Kayne, Irene, Elsie and myself for lunch. We were quite struggling what to eat because there's nothing much special to eat in the food court of Caudan. Therefore we went to eat McDonald's, the only one in Mauritius, which I don't really like to eat there. I prefer KFC 100times more than the McDonald's in Mauritius. Anyway we went there and I treated them lunch. At first they thought that I was joking when I said that I'll treat them lunch but I really did buy them lunch and I didn't expect anything in return.

Some pictures of Caudan Waterfront, Port Louis



Actually treating people food is not very common in Mauritius, especially among the youths. But I learned this culture of treating people food in City Harvest Church. When you buy them food, you're showing love towards your friend. Sometimes it's true that friendship costs!!! Yes! It's the same as you're going on a date. If you don't have money to treat the other one, how can you go on a date? It's very shameful if you can't even afford a date, especially a first date. Money plays a big role in the lives of everybody. Money cannot buy love but it is a catalyst to increase the level of your love. Even the Bible says so in John 15:12-13, "Love one another as I love you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." Laying down your life is a sacrifice, and a sacrifice costs!

I'm pretty blessed that I've treated my friends today but I love them all and I believe that they were pretty blessed as well. I hope that after reading this, you learn that the love of your friends cost and that it encourages you to reach out for more friends.

Tomorrow I'm planning to go out to the beach with some friends. Hehe... You know how to beach of Mauritius are! Yeah I will get tanned! :P haha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

money can indeed be a catalyst to increase the level of one's love but tt is only if the money involves one's sacrifice...like u mentioned. So I think, money need not be the only catalyst for love.


just popping by. nice blog u have got. :)